Monday, March 13, 2017

Rare ‘SNL’ skit actually mocks liberals with cute, pro-Trump pug: ‘You liberal snowflakes!’

By Chris Enloe


Three scientists (Scarlett Johansson, Kyle Mooney, Mikey Day) receive a shock when they debut their invention, a machine that translates for pets. Image source: YouTube
In a very rare instance over the weekend, it appeared the actors of “Saturday Night Live” took a swipe at liberals and their disdain over President Donald Trump.

In a skit featuring this week’s host Scarlett Johansson, three of the cast members play scientists who create a pet mind reader designed to “scan the household pet’s mind to translate his thoughts into words.”

To test the translator, Johansson uses her dog, a pug named Max. At first, the translator reads simple messages from Max’s mind, then Max’s thoughts begin to ramp up.
“I like to play ball. I like purple bird in the window. I like park and leash,” Max said, “and I like Trump. He’s my man.”
The scientists were visibly shocked by Max’s last comment. And when Johansson suggests that it was a “translation error” or “glitch,” Max stopped her in her tracks.
“There’s no glitch. Donald Trump is our president. He carried the Electoral College fair and square,” Max said.
The scientists were still in disbelief and suggested that something was wrong with Max.
“I absolutely do [like Trump],” Max said. “Trump has his issues, but one big change is better than business as usual.”
Still, the scientists decried Max.
“The DOW is up 2,700 points since he was elected, what’s not to like?” Max says of Trump.
When Johansson tried to tell Max he didn’t know what he was talking about, Max gave his owner a stern rebuke.
“It’s that condescending attitude that made people want to vote for Trump in the first place,” Max said. “As your friend, I don’t want to see your tax dollars going to health care for illegals.”
“What about his record on women’s rights?” Johansson asked Max during an argument on Trump’s policy. “Don’t you want me to have a choice over my own body?”
“You didn’t afford me a choice when you cut off my balls!” Max shot back.
“You just assume that because I’m a Trump supporter I’m a xenophobic racist,” he added.
Immediately, one of the investors pulls out a gun to shoot Max.
“Oh for god sakes,” Max said. “I can’t even have a conversation without you liberal snowflakes—”
That’s when Johansson pulled the translator helmet off of Max to shut him up. At the end of the skit, she places a “p***y hat” on him as they leave the room.
Watch the full skit by clicking on the below link.