- Take responsibility for your own well-being.
- Work hard and make sacrifices to achieve your aspirations.
- Get a good education, the key to success. What you put in your head, no one can take away.
- Lend a helping hand to others—regardless of your own circumstances—because what goes around, comes around.
- Be willing to start on the bottom rung and use your innate talents to climb the ladder of success.
- Above all, reach for the stars.
- If you fall short, at least you will have accomplished something.
First of all, tribalism is a human trait where outsiders are viewed with suspicion. Yes, there are some individuals (black and white) who harbor animosity based on race. There is little or no chance of changing the hearts and minds of truly bigoted people.
In a nutshell, the battle for freedom and black civil rights was a political battle, waged between our two major political parties.
If America were a racist country today, why are people around the world clamoring to come to here for a chance at a better life?
If racism was a barrier to success, there would be no successful black doctors, lawyers, entertainers, athletes, or politicians. We would never have elected a black man to be our president.