- In 2017, Harris became the “first Democrat” to announce that she would co-sponsor Bernie Sanders’ government takeover of healthcare.
- At Sanders’ bill debut press conference, Harris said she was “honored” to be there and “proud to cosponsor it.”
- In January 2019, Harris said that she wanted to eliminate private insurance even if you like your plan.
- In May 2019, Harris was asked about her call to eliminate private insurance and said “that’s not what I meant.”
- At the first Democrat debate in June, Harris raised her hand that she was in favor of eliminating private insurance, only to claim the next day that she “misinterpreted” the question.
- Harris then added more confusion to her position in mid-July when she said she “supported the de facto elimination of private duplicative insurance, though did not explicitly say that she would legally mandate that outcome.”
- At the end of July when Harris introduced her plan for a government takeover of health care, Politico reported “Harris’ proposal skimps on myriad details, including the plan’s cost.”
- Last month, Harris flip-flopped again and said she was not “comfortable” with Bernie’s bill that eliminates private health insurance despite still co-sponsoring his bill.
Friday, September 13, 2019
The Democrat Debate Debacle
2.5 hours of debating and not a single mention of the economy.
But I don’t blame them for not wanting to bring it up. Democrats know they can’t hold a candle to the economic results achieved under President Trump.
· Since President Trump was elected, the U.S. has added almost 6.5 million jobs.
· The unemployment rate remains near its the lowest point since 1969.
· 13 months of wage growth above 3%.
· Wages are rising most significantly for the lowest-paid workers, reversing a long-term trend.
· More than half a million manufacturing jobs have been added since President Trump was elected while 200,000 manufacturing jobs were lost under President Obama.
· Hispanic Americans have record low unemployment
· African American unemployment hit a record low of 5.5% in August.
· Asian American unemployment is at 2.8%
· The labor force participation rate is 63.2%, tying its highest level since 2013, showing workers are coming off the sidelines and entering the workforce.
· Median household income is at the highest level in 2 decades.
The banner President Trump Flew Over The Democrat Debate Venue
Not only do Democrats want to give taxpayer funded health insurance to illegal immigrants, they’ve also promised to make private health insurance illegal.
Bernie Sanders’ bill, which Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, and Cory Booker have all co-sponsored makes it crystal clear that private health insurance will be made illegal, kicking 176 million Americans off of their private health insurance.
The Washington Post explains: “Section 107 would make it illegal for any private health insurer to sell coverage that duplicated benefits under the law or for any employer to duplicate the benefits.”
While some Democrats have tried to argue that private insurance for cosmetic surgery would be legal, The New York Times reports “To clarify: There is no private market for cosmetic surgery insurance.”
Despite Elizabeth Warren dodging on whether or not her health care plan will raise taxes, reality check: a government takeover of health care will raise taxes on the middle class.
Bernie Sanders has made it abundantly clear: “We'll have to” raise taxes on the middle class for a government takeover of healthcare.
The Associated Press explains “taxes would have to go up significantly as the government takes on trillions of dollars in health care costs now covered by employers and individuals.”
While Democrats will try to claim that taxes would just increase on the wealthy, Bloomberg reports the obvious: “There isn’t $30 trillion sitting around from high earners.”
According to a Gallup poll, 68% of Americans rate their personal health care coverage as excellent or good while 80% of Americans rate the quality of their health care as excellent or good.
Take it from Bernie Sanders: The Democrats’ government takeover of health care would raise taxes on the middle class and eliminate private health insurance.
Kamala Harris has been all over the place on health care.
The American people are rightly worried about Kamala Harris destroying their health care plan.
Joe Biden’s Foreign Policy Record
Joe Biden “has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”
That was former DOD Secretary Bob Gates.
Former DOD Secretary Jim Mattis has warned that Biden “exuded the confidence of a man whose mind was made up, perhaps even indifferent to considering the consequences were he judging the situation incorrectly.”
Biden has consistently advocated for dangerous, destabilizing or implausible foreign policy strategies.
Here is the latest example:
Before the invasion of Iraq, Joe Biden went to Vladimir Putin to ask him to support the invasion in exchange for oil profits if Russia sided with the United States.
On Biden’s actions, The Intercept’s Ryan Grim responded, “It’s at a minimum disqualifying.”
See below for more examples of Biden’s disastrous foreign policy record.
· Biden once pushed for a controversial plan to partition Iraq that the U.S. embassy in Baghdad said would "produce extraordinary suffering and bloodshed ."
· Biden was the Obama Administration's " public salesman " for the flawed Iranian nuclear deal which has not eliminated Iran's nuclear threat nor curbed its destabilizing behaviors .
· Biden pushed for the Obama Administration's disastrous Russia "reset " policy and personally sought to cozy up to Vladimir Putin .
· Biden supported the Obama Administration's flawed Israel policy and was "particularly harsh " to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
· Despite the threats posed by China to the United States, Biden has engaged in a dovish approach to China stressing "they're not competition" and they weren't going to "eat our lunch."
As a diplomat on the world stage, Biden has made many misleading and false claims and committed numerous diplomatic gaffes.
· In 2007, Biden claimed he had been fired upon in Iraq and later backtracked saying while he did not have to duck and cover “he was near where a shot landed."
· In 2008, Biden claimed his helicopter had been “forced down” by Al Qaeda but it was later revealed the helicopter had been forced to land due to snowy conditions.
· Biden publicly said he was unaware of any security issue at the compound in Benghazi and seemed to not know the Administration had been implored to beef up security at the consulate.
· In 2011, Biden told Turkish President Abdullah Gul he didn't think violence in Syria would become disruptive regionally; By 2014, ISIS controlled territory from Central Syria to the outskirts of Baghdad, Iraq.
· Biden had to backtrack after appearing to endorse China's One Child Policy while on a trip to the country saying, " your policy has been one which I fully understand "
Complied by the Republican National Committee