By Ed Driscoll | INSTAPUNDIT
Being something of a barfly, Cockburn is used to overhearing tall tales, braggadocious orations, and outlandish accusations, also known as “fightin’ words.” So imagine his astonishment in learning that what he heard over his breakfast stout this afternoon was not the consequence of some riled-up Hill staffer who’d had a few too many, but was really and truly uttered by the (presumably sober) president of the United States.
“This MAGA crowd is really the most extreme political organization that’s existed in American history,” President Biden said. “Recent history,” he clarified.
“Recent” is a relative term. Perhaps the explosive hate crimes of the Ku Klux Klan that reached their height in the 1920s are not “recent” enough for Biden. Likewise the ideology of “extreme” Democrats of the same period who didn’t think women should have the right to vote, and who, over the decades, “defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought against the Civil Rights Acts of the 1950s and 1960s.”
But since Obama brought it up, it’s worth noting that the only person in modern American politics to have repeatedly praised Wallace and other segregationists is Joe Biden. It was Biden who bragged that in 1973 Wallace considered him “one of the outstanding young politicians of America.” It was Biden who wrote in 1975 that the “Democratic Party could stand a liberal George Wallace.” It was Biden who in 1981 told a black witness in the Senate that “sometimes even George Wallace is right.” It was Biden who, while campaigning for the presidency in Alabama in 1987, claimed that he’d been the recipient of an award from Wallace in 1973 (it probably wasn’t true; but what a thing to brag about!), and then boasted that Delaware was “on the South’s side in the Civil War.”
“Biden was also buddies with J. William Fulbright, chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and a segregationist and anti-Semite who would later become a mentor to the Clintons.”
As well as another fellow Democrat, Robert Byrd: Herschel Walker says ‘Democrats do not like America’ and slams media for not grilling Joe Biden over his friendship with former KKK member-turned senator Robert Byrd.
And as recently as last year: Biden To Hold Event With Ralph Northam, Two Years After Saying He ‘Lost All Moral Authority’ And Should Resign.
Biden Says I’m An Extremist-Who Knew?
I Feel Horrible
By | The Lid
Oh My, what am I going to do? I feel awful! And why didn’t any of my friends tell me? I had to learn from the leader of the free world?
During his press conference yesterday, President Biden said:
“What are the next things that are going to be attacked?” Because this MAGA crowd is really the most extreme political organization that’s existed in American history—-in recent American history.”
I fit into the Make America Great crowd (MAGA) because I love this land of opportunity, which allowed my grandparents to immigrate into the country, find a job, and raise a family. But as of Biden’s words, I learned that I was an extremist.
Even more surprising were the people who weren’t as extremist as the MAGA crowd
- Racists like George Wallace and Bull Conner weren’t extremists.
- Senator Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.), a KKK grand wizard who tried to filibuster the 1964 civil rights bill, must have been a moderate because you gave a eulogy at his funeral.
- You accepted the endorsement of Al Sharpton. He wasn’t an extremist–just a nice.
- When Mad Maxine Waters falsely claimed the CBP agents were whipping the Illegal immigrants, it was “worse than what we witnessed in slavery.” Biden said nothing. Was it because Maxine isn’t an extremist?
- AOC called for Sen. Chuck Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to be booted from their leadership positions she was a moderate.
- When ANTIFA tried to burn down Portland’s federal courthouse, Biden didn’t say anything, probably because he believed ANTIFA wasn’t extremist. He could have gotten the idea from fellow Democrat Jerold Nadler said Antifa violence In Portland was a myth.
These are just a few of the people I learned about who aren’t extremists. If President Biden hadn’t said the MAGA crowd was extremist, I would never have known that I am a terrible person. I bet that seeing my love of the country, some people even thought I had dementia.
Thank you, Mr. President! Based on your description, I will start to hate America.