By Frances Rice
Source: AP Photo/Tony Avelar
Even though she identifies herself as an African-American, Democrat Senator Kamala Harris from California has zero connection to Black Americans whose African ancestors were slaves in America.
Her mother, Shyamala Galan Harris, is from India and her father, Donald Harris, is from Jamaica.
Both parents emigrated to the U.S. in the early 1960s and Kamala who has a younger sister, Maya, was born in 1964.
After Kamala’s parents divorced, her mother moved to Montreal, Canada with her two daughters and took them to worship in Hindu temples.
In 1990, Harris got a law degree from the the University of California, Hastings College of the Law.
While serving as District Attorney of the City and County of San Francisco, starting in 2003, she had an affair with the then-married Willie Brown who was the Speaker of the California State Assembly.
Kamala is now married to a white lawyer, Douglass Emhoff. The couple has two children from his prior marriage and a net worth of $1.7 million.
The below article exposes how Kamala is just a typical rich liberal hypocrite who uses identity politics and class warfare to gain power, so she can push failed socialist policies down our throats that will destroy our economy.
The 2020 Democrats: Kamala Harris
By Townhall.com Staff
Source: AP Photo/Tony Avelar
Who: Kamala Harris
Current position: U.S. Senator for California
Campaign Website: https://kamalaharris.org
Background: Before Harris was sworn in as the U.S. Senator for California, she earned her law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. In 2003 she was elected as the District Attorney of the City and County of San Francisco, and then became the first African-American, Asian-American and woman to become the Attorney General in California in 2010, according to her campaign site and a 2010 article from CNN. Afterwards, she assumed the senator’s office for California in 2017.
- Healthcare: Harris said during CNN’s town hall event in Iowa that she supported the Medicare for All plan, which was co-sponsored by Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt. She called to get rid of private health insurance altogether, calling the industry inhumane.
- Immigration: Harris has openly opposed President Donald Trump’s border wall plan and supports the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
- Environment: Harris is a believer in climate change. She stated that the oceans “over 90% of the excess heat from our carbon pollution, fueling stronger hurricanes and rising seas.”
- Economy: Harris is critical of President Trump’s economic policy, stressing that there are still lots of Americans who are unemployed. She’s encouraged training programs for adults “for in-demand, highly technical jobs.”
- Criminal Justice: Harris wants to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act to combat domestic violence and sexual assault issues.
- Gun Control: During the town hall event, Harris advocated for “smart gun safety laws,” and stated that people can believe in the right to bear arms while calling for regulations on assault weapons. She criticized Congress for not taking actions sooner to initiate gun control.
- Abortion: Harris is a long-term supporter of abortion practices. She received a 100 percent voting record score from NARAL Pro-Choice America in 2003 for her consistent support of abortion laws and practices. Her office was responsible for co-writing AB 1761 in California, which is designed to prevent whistleblowers from revealing information from the healthcare industry. It was made in response to a series of videos taken by David Daleiden revealing that Planned Parenthood was involved in trafficking fetal-tissue. Harris also called out against a bill in 2018 written by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), which would have made it illegal to preform an abortion after 20 weeks. She wrote on Twitter that women have a "constitutional right" to decide what they do with their reproductive system.
- Progressive Pushback for Harris’ Criminal Justice Record: Harris was criticized by progressives for having an inconsistent criminal justice record. On the one hand, she pushed for programs to reduce recidivism rates for low-rate criminals, and in 2004 she didn’t push for the death penalty of a defendant accused of killing a police officer. On the other hand, Harris defended the use of the death penalty in California when she was an attorney general. On Monday, a video of Harris speaking to an audience at the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco in 2010 surfaced, in which Harris took pride in sending prosecutors into San Francisco schools to intimidate parents of truant kids. Harris also targeted parents in homeless and low income situations.
- Health Care Flip Flop: An advisor to Harris signaled that the senator was willing to look at less aggressive healthcare plans that would preserve the private industry, after Republicans backlashed Harris’s statements on CNN’s town hall event. Lily Adams, Harris’s communications director, said on Twitter that the senator’s healthcare goals are still the same.
- Sexual Harassment within Harris's Office: Larry Wallace was a former senior adviser to Harris. He resigned Dec 5, 2018 after settling a $400,000 harassment charge. According to the lawsuit, in 2016, when Harris was attorney general, Wallace put a printer underneath his desk and told his assistant to regularly replace the ink and paper underneath.
Kamala Harris's Ancestors Were Slave Owners
By Frances Rice
(Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call/Pool via AP)
Rogan O’Handley noted in a tweet “Democrats will tear down statues of slave owners, but nominate the descendant of one of Jamaica’s biggest slave owners for Vice President.”
Dinesh D'Souza stated “Kamala Harris is directly descended from one of the largest slaveowners in Jamaica, Hamilton Brown—there is a even a town named after him, Brown Town. So doesn’t it follow she’s a beneficiary, not a victim, of slavery?”
In this undated photo provided by the Kamala Harris campaign in April 2019, Iris Finegan holds her great granddaughter, Kamala Harris, in Jamaica. (Kamala Harris campaign via AP) / AP
As is revealed in the below article “Kamala Harris has a troublesome family history” she is descended from the 19th-century Irish slave owner Hamilton Brown, the namesake of Brown’s Town in Jamaica, who recruited massive numbers of Irish migrants to Jamaica to work on his sugar plantations after the British Empire abolished slavery.
The article that was written during the primaries includes information about how the Harris family's slave-holding history is confirmed by her father, Donald J. Harris an economics professor at Stanford University who is the son of an English white man, Joseph Alexander Harris.
Kamala Harris has a troublesome family history
AP Photo/Paul Sancya
Sen. Kamala Harris’ (D-CA) 2020 Democratic presidential campaign has, among other things, pushed for reparations for descendants of slaves, but according to a February report by PJ Media, her family used to own slaves on their plantation in Jamaica.
The story: Donald Harris, Kamala’s father, wrote the following in a lengthy essay for Jamaica Global Online in January of his family’s history:
“My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me). The Harris name comes from my paternal grandfather Joseph Alexander Harris, land-owner and agricultural “produce” exporter (mostly pimento or all-spice), who died in 1939 one year after I was born and is buried in the church yard of the magnificent Anglican Church which Hamilton Brown built in Brown’s Town (and where, as a child, I learned the catechism, was baptized and confirmed, and served as an acolyte).”
The California Senator has also advocated for the legalization of marijuana, and in February she suggested that she and Jamaicans were generally known as big pot smokers. Her father voiced his distress over her remarks.
“My dear departed grandmothers(whose extraordinary legacy I described in a recent essay on this website), as well as my deceased parents , must be turning in their grave right now to see their family’s name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics. Speaking for myself and my immediate Jamaican family, we wish to categorically dissociate ourselves from this travesty.”